For the 2019 Winter Ball we return to the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century. In France it was the time of the revolution, Napoleon and his Empire, in England the period of the Regency.
Dancing master Lieven Baert guides you through the steps and figures of original countrydances and quadrilles. Fortepianist Anders Muskens and his ensemble Das Neue Manheimer Orchester provide the music. In the mirror room you will find an early 19th-century buffet and in the "quartier de la belle alcôve" you can listen to more intimate concerts by Olaf van Hees. The upper floors of the castle are also accessible to inquisitive ball guests.
* Dates: Saturday Saturday 30th November 2019 (reception from 7.30 pm, last dance after midnight)
* In the afternoon there is a basic initiation of an hour and a half to refresh the most important steps and figures of the early 19th-century countrydances and quadrilles
* Entrance fee for the ball: 80 euros (including drinks, buffet, photos and afternoon initiation)
* You can spend the night at Het Laathof, the Center for Youth Tourism within the castle grounds (basic accommodation, possibly with shared bathroom). The price per night per person is 35 euros (incl. breakfast).
* Extra dancing classes: on Saturdays 21st September and 19th October there are two dance classes at the castle (10 am to 5 pm. Lieven Baert teaches you the steps and figures of the countrydances and quadrilles of the ball. The participation fee is 40 euros per person per day (including drinks, lunch and cake).
You can only register for the ball and /or course via email@example.com. If you want to spend the night at Het Laathof, please specify if you will stay on Friday and/or Saturday night.
The registrations are handled in order of receipt via firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a payment request together with our confirmation. Tickets for the ball and /or course are unfortunately not reimbursed.