Società di Danza Livornsese is a cultural association no profit founded in Livorno in 1997 and affiliated to the National Federation Società di Danza, founded in Bologna in 1991 and directed by Fabio Mòllica.
Società di Danza Livornese promotes historical research, diffusion and practice on Nineteenth Century and Historical dances. The society aims at reconstructing a dance system belonging to the European tradition. 19th century dances include quadrilles, country dances, waltzes, polkas and mazurkas, and Scottish dances.
We aim at researching the artistic technique that in the Nineteenth Century made these dances especially important for the dancing masters and not only mass enjoyment.
Società di Danza Circolo Livornese, directed by S. Balsamo
- organizes countinuous courses of 19th century dance and Scottish country dance
- organizes special courses of historial dance for students in collaboration with city's high school
- seminars of historical dance
- Grand Ball reconstructions
- prootes the collaboration with cultural, musical, sing association, and local administration
- collaborates with ' Comitato Livornese per la Promozione dei Valori Risorgimentali' for events to celebrate history and social values of Risorgimento in Livorno and in Italy
- collaborates with Società di Danza groups and associaitons and partipates to national events
- organizes tea dances and Scottish balls with live music
More information are available at www.societadidanza.it/homelivorno.html
and vi amail at email@example.com