Società di Danza Firenze is a cultural association active in Firenze from 2012 and affiliated to the National Federation Società di Danza, founded in Bologna in 1991 and directed by Fabio Mòllica.
Società di Danza promotes historical research, diffusion and practice on Nineteenth Century and Historical dances. The society aims at reconstructing a dance system belonging to the European tradition. 19th century dances include quadrilles, country dances, waltzes, polkas and mazurkas, and Scottish dances.
We aim at researching the artistic technique that in the Nineteenth Century made these dances especially important.
Società di Danza Firenze, directed by S. Balsamo, develop the project of Società di Danza in the Firenze area and
- organizes countinuous courses of 19th century dance and Scottish country dance
- organizes special seminars of historical dance
- organizes 19th century Grand Ball reconstructions in historical villas and palaces
- promotes the collaboration with cultural, musical association, cultural institutions and local administration
- promotes courses of historical dance for young and students also in collaboration with educational institutes
- collaborates with Società di Danza groups and associations for organization and participation to national events
More information are available at www.societadidanza.it/homefirenze.html
and via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org